This page has been moved to a new address. Redirecting.... Fit Girl Fare: Quick Vinaigrette

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Quick Vinaigrette

One thing everyone needs is a quick and easy homemade salad dressing recipe. Most store-bought dressings contain a lot of excess fats and sugar. There are also added preservatives to prolong the shelf life. Generally people think that salads are healthy. The truth is that if you lather your salad with store bought dressing it becomes less healthy. Then when you add in croutons and cheese the salad is basically as healthy as a cheeseburger. If I'm going to eat something that is the equivalent to a cheeseburger, I'd like to just eat a cheeseburger!


My grandmother makes the best salad dressing. Even if I use the same ingredients, I can never get my dressing to taste like hers. After many failed attempts of trying to perfect her recipe, I decided I needed to have a go-to recipe of my own. This is a light and easy vinaigrette that goes on almost any kind of salad. It keeps in the fridge for about a week but since it's so fast and most of the ingredients are things you will have on hand, I think it's easier to just throw it together as needed.

Quick Vinaigrette Recipe
Total Time: 5 minutes

4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon spicy mustard or dijon
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste

Whisk all the ingredients together well. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Note: This recipe is enough dressing for a salad of about 2 hearts of romaine. Luckily, the recipe is easily scaled up!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 13, 2015 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think grandma tells us all the ingredients or maybe it is just all the "love" she adds when she makes it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home